26.5.08

Photos from recent events

Another quickie catch up blog with lots of eye candy!

First off, my younger sister came to visit from Edmonton for the May long weekend. We didn't get many pictures except for during a hike up to the first peak of Chief Mountain. Excellent hike! Super hot day and good company.
That's the other four taking a breather on a large sunny rock midway up the vertical portion, and I do mean vertical.


Rocco and I on top of the peak. He took the opportunity to have a quick snooze while I held him upright.

The three sisters conquering the mountain. Apparently there's a hike somewhere further along the sea to sky highway called the "three sisters" so maybe next time K's out here we'll hike that. We all had a great visit which included some shopping time, a rum and bbq party, and pedicures for some. Come back any time, Kath!

And now for the obligatory cat shots:
Boris completely drunk on a recent tuna feed. Note the tuna detritus all around his furry little mouth.

Boris is a fat-ish cat. We feed Sophie up on a bookcase so Boris can't devour her food as well as his own, and his heft disables him from jumping up to get at it. BUT, we are encouraging him to learn to jump and this photo is evidence that he's actually starting to get it! Not sure what this means for Sophie's food...


"I'm in your files, breaching your security." Sophie "the Secretary" adores the filing cabinet. She'll run from the other end of the apartment when she hears it open. Not sure what she gets up to in there, and maybe I'm better off NOT knowing!

And finally a note from this more recent weekend:
I was at the Trout Lake farmer's market this Saturday and picked up some awesome rhubarb. Made up a rhubarb crumble for our dinner guests last night - woooeee!!! I'm a very, very recent convert to rhubarb and I have found that the secret is a fresh, hot crumble laced with cold cream. Holy good times Batman.

4 comments:

  1. I recently got some rhubarb too and made a strawberry and vanilla poached rhubarb tart. Omg it was sooo good. I made a strawberry rhubarb crisp with the leftovers, but it wasn't nearly as good as the tart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want rhubarb I have a TONNE. The people that lived here before us planted it all along the back fence. I plan on having a huge rhubarb bake off this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:17 p.m.

    You definitely know how to make a pregnant lady crave something. After seeing that picture, all I now want is rhubarb crumble. =)

    D.

    ReplyDelete