20.1.09

God bless an inversion!



Last Friday, while the rest of Vancouver suffered yet another foggy, drizzly, nasty, cold day, Miranda and I took off up the mountain for a day of snowshoeing. It was beautiful! There was a full inversion and we could feel the heat rising forcibly almost off the snow. I even got a little bit of sunburn on my nose. Gorgeous day, good company, totally revived our spirits and vitamin D levels.

Did you know snowshoeing burns like 500 calories an hour? That seems absurdly high but multiple sites on the internet confirm it. And, as we all know, the internet never lies. No wonder my hips were sore and my legs were so tired after two and a half hours!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! We need to get back out to Waterton. If we do, I'll post some pictures for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 calories an hour! Good thing Tonia and I only snowshoed for an hour this weekend! Also, hate to break it to you, but we need to go farther south to get our vitamin D this time of year (boo!)

    ReplyDelete