25.2.11

Another walk in the city

More pics from wandering on Granville tonight.

Excuse, but how amazing is it that someone had the genius notion and the follow through to type, print, and packing-tape secure this banana bread recipe to a random streetlight? I kind of want to say "only in Vancouver" but in reality I have lots of hope that you would find this beauty in any other city. People are fabulous.


Maybe Ouisi Bistro was inspired by this week's Glee episode where Will and Coach go down to the local honkey tonk to let off some steam, are invited to perform on stage (as one is), and belt out this John Lee Hooker classic to great acclaim (btw, the episode is about the perils of underage and binge drinking, and Will pretty much shows up his Glee kids to that effect), but whatever the motivation, I personally find $13.75 Cdn to be a damn good deal for a whole lotta liquor. Pity I couldn't find a soul willing to join me in an adult beverage this Friday evening! L-Boogie, I MISS you! So instead I went home and made up one of these amazing grapefruit bourbon sours. And damn, it is gooooood. Plus it's grapefruit season so it's the smart choice.

Have a fulfilling and surprising weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. One bourbon! One Scotch! One beer! I have been drinking with two lads from my resto job. One drinks bourbon and coke, the other scotch and coke. And they order four at a time. Great Glee episode, btw. I`m sorry I couldn`t have been there to partake in the amazing special board! Grapefruit bourbon sours sound yum though. Currently nursing a karaoke hangover. Wasn`t the same without your black velvet. That sounds dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could go for all 4 of those items! Man I love banana bread.

    Hey when did you change your banner?

    ReplyDelete