20.3.10

Wasabi avocado salad

Oh my gosh - I'm so going to make this soon! Avocado Wasabi Salad!
Lolo over at Vegan Yum Yum makes beautiful, healthful food. She's got a new cookbook out that is surprisingly affordable, and I'm drooling over it not just a little bit. For the Alberta carnivores, please don't be put off by the vegan designation. I guarantee there is still food pron on that site you'll be attracted to!

I made a quick mock up of the dressing for this recipe last night for salad sharing with friends. Blended in a blender: 1/2 an avocado, 1 clove garlic, about 1/4 cup soy milk (would be fine with cow's milk if you're using it right away), 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, couple shots of Tabasco. Sooooooo creamy-licious with a tiny bit of kick! Tossed with a mass of greens, some seeds, some thin pepper strips and grated carrot. But definitely I'm planning to make the salad from Vegan Yum Yum as written this week.

Happy in the kitchen! And sometimes barefoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment